Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Today's agenda

  1. Breakfast (coffee and Irish oatmeal)
  2. Bathroom floor (the tank flooded sometime last night, so must mop it and remove the wet mat for laundry...but first I must have breakfast--I'm not up to dealing with it just yet)
  3. Look up a couple of things for YKWIA while the floor dries
  4. Hang a new shower liner
  5. Clean the toilet, sink, and tub
  6. Fish out (no pun meant) a couple of fish that didn't make it from the tank)
  7. Take out the trash
  8. Do the laundry
  9. Wash the few dishes in the sink and set up the dishwasher and start it afterwards
  10. Pick up the kitchen and wipe down the cabinets
  11. Insert new air freshener into Airwick plug-in in the kitchen
  12. Sweep the kitchen and mop the floor
  13. Order free pizza from Papa John's for lunch
  14. Nap for just a bit
  15. Put the 'Secrets of Isis' DVD in [Apparently my VCR has died. I need the VCR to see what's on my DVD. I'll have to watch on my computer instead, but for now I just hooked the cable straight up to the TV. I did see I had several Doctor Who's on my DVR, one of which is 'Blink', which is terribly creepy. I may watch that tonight sometime.]
  16. Pick up and organise the things in living and dining areas
  17. Go through and throw away junk mail/old mail
  18. Take out more trash
  19. See if the vacuum cleaner will get up the salt I've tracked in over the winter
  20. Take a shower [Bath, actually]
  21. Call my grandmother and check on her (my mom's probably asleep today; she works overnights on the weekends) [reassured her I was alive and said I would try to call my mom on Tuesday]
  22. Call Angelica and make plans for Thursday if possible [talked to her for quite some time]
  23. Call Teressa if that is possible so she can request off [found out she'd been unwell but will try to make dinner on Thursday]
  24. Find a nice movie on OnDemand to watch--maybe The Lovely Bones has already made it to there [Nothing really grabbed me.]
  25. Read some of The Color of Water and Dead Beat
  26. Blog
  27. Put some books into LibraryThing [Added 60! A whole bunch to go!]
  28. Study some Latin (I'm getting rusty; an hour or less a day should help me refresh) [Five chapters, 22 pages of the first Ecce, Romani! book...whilst listening to soft strains of Classical guitar, very relaxing. My Classical pronunciation is still good, I just have to slow down a bit.]
  29. If I still have time, I'll work on the notes
So that's quite a bit to do, but I think I'll be happier to have clean clothes and a clean house, and it shouldn't take all day. I clean a friend's house in about five or six hours at most, and he has much more square feet than I do (on the other hand, I'm a lot messier). I have enough quarters to do one load of linens and four of regular clothes, so I should be good for getting everything done. I have enough clothes that I can put it off for awhile but I've reached the critical point. At some point I may have to go over to Kroger for a large light bulb (my lamp blew the other day), but I'll try to do that tomorrow coming back from my doctor's appointment. I'll just walk over if I need more quarters (I can get them from work; Kroger is stingy about such things). But it looks like rain, so I'll try to avoid going out beyond laundry and trash take-outs. Okay, no sense waiting. First the oatmeal, then I conquer the bath. Allez-y!

No comments: