Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Oh, I forgot, one more good thing

I sent off a couple of books through PaperbackSwap a few days ago, and one person got one already and gave me credit, so I ordered Stephen R Donaldson's Runes of the Earth from the third Thomas Covenant trilogy. This was the book I never got back in November-December when the sender asked for delivery confirmation, I wasn't home, only to be redelivered without success about a month later, and the post office sent it back the next day. Now I'm using my work address because there is someone who receives the mail and that takes care of any delivery confirmation issues. The simple fact of the matter is that I am rarely home during the day, although I've had notices left before when I was home on a Saturday morning. I don't think they ever think to actually ring my doorbell.

Anyway, I received notification today that it has been mailed to me and is winging its way here. I'm eager to read it because 1) I really liked the first two trilogies, and 2) I have the second book but not this one, the first. Yay!

No comments: