Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, March 06, 2010

#1 commodity at the store today: car washes

Today was the first really pretty day we've had in a good while, sunny and in the 50s, with better weather forecast for tomorrow. So, lots of people came in asking for car washes, and I only had to reset it once.

It was a pretty good night. A strange thing happened though. I found the following fortune cookie fortune interspersed with my $1 bills:
Before you wonder 'Am I doing things right,' ask 'Am I doing the right things?'
I'm thinking the universe might be trying to give me a nudge. I do try to be a good person and do the things I know are right, but sometimes I slip for convenience's sake. I haven't had a great history of standing up for my principles, mainly because I am so passive, and that of course is a weakness. But I have grown a backbone at some point and use it occasionally, as needed. I just need to learn to use it whenever it is warranted. :)

No comments: