Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 11, 2010

I feel a little better

not so much from sleeping but from a nice, hot shower this morning. It loosened the muscles that were so tight around my neck and I can actually move it with just a little pain. I got up a little early this morning again (not so early as yesterday, it took awhile to get moving). So I'm not having to rush.

Yesterday I got something interesting at Walgreens, of all places. They have socks especially designed for people who work on their feet. They have massaging bars of terrycloth on the soles, and I have to say my feet, combined with all the other measures I've done, felt better. They're by Peds.

I can already tell that I'm starting to pronate in my shoes. I guess I'll have to replace them more often than normally recommended. Still, for now, they're feeling better, although I did try to twist my ankle yesterday getting into my cubicle (I have about a foot of room to enter, when they put the chairs at the computer, and even though I removed all those boxes from the library yesterday, I came back downstairs to find three new boxes at the end of my cubicle. Figures. So I had a momentary issue navigating.

The other day, though, before we played the game, I almost went through a window. I tripped over the leg of a cedar chest whilst trying to plug in a battery charger and pitched forward, catching myself before I went through the glass. Then I dropped all the batteries, and started laughing. But is there any wonder I got AFLAC this year? I am a danger to myself (but rarely to others, at least). I think it was because I was wearing my glasses and misjudged where to step. But it could have been very bad had I not caught myself.

Here's hoping today will be quiet and no potential injuries ensue. I don't have to work at the store today, so I'm going over to YKWIA's. Have a good day.

No comments: