Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Today is my grandmother's 80th birthday

She can't believe it, either. Happy birthday, Ma. I didn't go home today, because I really didn't feel up to driving and I had a strong feeling that it wasn't a good day to go (laugh all you want...those same 'feelings' have saved my mom and me on several occasions, usually involving deer; let's not forget it's a holiday weekend with crazy drivers). But I did call and talk to her for awhile. It turns out that my stepdad is about to go to 12-hour shifts and his son and daughter-in-law are coming next weekend, so my mom and he are spending some quality time together this weekend. Also, my aunts and uncles are all coming in the weekend of June 21st, so I'll go home then; we don't get a chance to see each other very often.

No comments: