Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Had to

feeling: Cuddly

Earlier I took all but two of the packed boxes and put them into my car, ready for tomorrow. I discovered that I'm incredibly out of moving shape, especially in the small of the back. Dwana's going to help me pack more boxes tomorrow, and we're going to make several trips with my car, hers, and her husband's Explorer. I may see if we can round up others for the other days, since Eric is only tomorrow. I have another person who can help if I do have to take off on Wednesday or Thursday, since he works second shift. Yay. Tonight I went over to visit my Cerys-Bear. Cerys seemed quite happy; she's been eating and drinking water, despite the frenetic pack she's visiting. But I so missed cuddling up with her last night. And she tried following me out when I went to leave...I decided since I can't do much else towards the move until tomorrow, I'd take her on home for the night. She's quite happily in a battered recliner (which is not going with the move, so I'm sure she'll not be quite happy over that, but okay so long as the bed doesn't go away, too), enjoying having a house and a water bowl (mostly) to herself. She could probably use a little peace and quiet. Okay, I'm going to go onto bed and the cuddling shall begin. Last night I slept with an overstuffed elephant plush toy. Sad, I know, that here I'm almost 40 and I'm essentially sleeping with a security bear. But Cerys is that for me, and I missed her last night, even if I did make it through the night without the covers being stolen. :)

No comments: