Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 21, 2004

I feel punky

...as one friend puts it. Achy, especially in my joints, feeling like my hands and feet are swollen, headache, a little clammy, blah. I thought maybe my blood sugar was off, but I ate and didn't feel any better. So maybe it's hormonal; I'm about a week before my period, which usually is when I have PMS symptoms. Whatever it is, I wouldn't say I'm sick, per se, I just don't feel like doing anything.

Thinking that maybe I had just been inactive and at the computer too much at work, I did go out briefly with my dog and walked her around and down to the little reservoir on our side of the road. I saw butterflies, dragonflies, and startled several frogs. I suspect there will be a huge crop of mosquitoes, although there are fish in the water, so most will be eaten before they have a chance to get airborne. There was a kid playing baseball with himself, where he'd throw the ball up in the air and hit it. I kind of felt sorry for him, like maybe he needed someone to be his pitcher. On the other hands, these days random adults probably shouldn't be coming up and introducing themselves to kids.

Part of me would like to at least do a little unpacking. I have the furniture where I want it and some labels to help organise the books. But I just feel blah, even with the reddish light from the sunset streaming in from my window. So I'm going to take a nap, and maybe get up later and do some reading. Blah.

No comments: