Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 02, 2004

Sigh.

Last night I came home and found an eviction notice on the door. I've dodged eviction for six solid months now. I don't think I can this time, although I'll talk to the the leasing office Monday and see if there's any chance.

Still, it might be good, because I've realised that the only way I might be able to catch up is to be paying less in rent. Right now I'm at $579 plus all the late fees I've incurred since I haven't been able to pay on time. I'm bringing home about $400 bi-weekly now from my main job, and another $40 or so from the other. If I can find a one bedroom that's around $400-$475 with everything but electric paid, it'll help, especially if I can find one in an area of town where I don't have to dodge bullets. So, if you know of any good deals in Lexington, let me know. The court date is Thursday, and then I'd have to be out 7 days from then.

PS I just had a filling crack and come out. Like I can afford to go to the dentist right now. Do you ever just feel like you're at a low ebb? Still, no sense in complaining; some of it's my fault and some of it isn't, but I can only do what I can to get through and hope that soon things turn out better. Wish me good luck; I sure need some.

No comments: