Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Silly me

Okay, I was generally distracted by a funnel cloud that went over my subdivision earlier. But once the all-clear was announced and I let the animals out of my bathroom, I took a digital camera I have borrowed and snapped a picture of the water outside, which was making me a little nervous, with all the flood warnings.

front

Then I decided to check the back, thinking the creek might have risen a little. This is what I found.

flood

Note that the yard normally ends where the bushes begin, and the creek begins about twelve feet beyond that!

To give you an idea of what it's like normally, I snapped this picture a couple of days ago:

willow

Not the same spot, but from about the same distance from the water.

No comments: