Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 21, 2004

What a great idea

Those who know me know that I tend to hoard things, beyond the packrat status, especially stuff that 'could be useful' but not to me. I don't like to waste things. Paxil helps, and certainly this last move jettisoned much of my clutter, but I still hate the feeling of throwing away something that someone could use. In the past, your best bet was set something out to the kerb and wait for art students to scrounge 'found objects'. Or, you could do what a friend of mine does--pick a random person out of the phone book and send unwanted but useable stuff as a gift. Now there's an alternative.

Freecycle.org, whose motto is 'changing the world, one gift at a time' allows you to post things you'd like to get rid of and others can post what they're looking for, so long as it's free. There are about 260 freecyclers in Lexington, and I'm about to make it 261. :)

No comments: