Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 30, 2004

Librarian Approved

This is on my wish list as soon as I can afford $35 on something not rent, food, or bills.

Book Database Software for your book library : Collectorz.com Book Collector

I downloaded the trial copy, which is fully featured but has a limit of 100 books. I put in 50 books in about about an hour, including some older, published before ISBNs or even in the nineteenth century, which is much, much faster than my normal pace of about 10 an hour on a good day. With two collections to catalogue totally about 7,000 books, this could make my life much, much easier.

It would also be great for a small library such as mine at work; we have about 1,500 books, mostly medical texts. The pro version works with PDAs and barcode scanners. I had to cobble things together the old-fashioned way. This would have had me up and running much more quickly.

No comments: