Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, August 26, 2003

Whew...



After work Dwana and I ran some errands and went out to eat at Gattitown. I've never been there--or any similar pizza and arcade sort of place. I played skeeball (sp?) for the first time. I particularly loved the coconut pizza. The games were fun, although I didn't have much luck with them. But Dwana rocked at a couple. I did get a moaning stick, though, along with a butterfly pen/notebook and some nifty stickers and tootsie rolls. Thanks, Dwana! :) Then we went hunting for a birthday gift, which thankfully met success and headed to Petsmart for something that might knock the fleas in the house dead. I was on PetMeds.com earlier and Frontline/Advantage didn't really seem much cheaper than at the vet's. I compared those with BioSpot and it seemed to cover more. Hopefully, it will work better than the Hartz, which didn't faze the things. This stuff also works against ticks (not a problem) and mosquitoes (sometimes a problem, with a reservoir and stream nearby). Of course, now I'm the only mammal in the house who doesn't have pesticide on me. I'm thinking I may bring out the natural bug repellent I have tonight.

Dwana and I had a really good time, although we were out for about four hours and very tired by the time it was all over. We also kept running into construction, renewed UK traffic, accident scenes, etc. At Gattitown they were showing Cats and Dogs. I love that movie. Dwana hadn't seen it all, and of course we didn't sit there and eat for two hours. So that's a definite possibility for a movie night. We also hunted down the family of a beautiful calico kitten that was running lose and reunited her with her family. That was fun (and removed the temptation for either of us to keep it, given that neither of us has room for another cat.

Well, my cats and dog are pining for attention, so I think I'll go ahead and close. 'Night.

No comments: