Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Apparently we weren't that far from being part of the Blackout of 2003



We were just 2 cities away from the cascade.

...which was all brought to home a little while ago when the power went off. Apparently various places around New Circle Road and even in Harrodsburg (a city a couple of counties away) were out, but people near UK were alright. It only lasted a few minutes. I've been through three during work hours and about six total since I moved to this section of town, between ice storms and local tranformer issues, so I just grabbed my flashlight and continued as normal. Still, I have windows in the library. I feel sorry for the lady who was in the bathroom when it happened. :)

No comments: