Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 08, 2003

Thankfully, it's Friday


1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country? Hunting Island, South Carolina.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling? Hmmm...in terms of actually traveling, the weather as we were moving from California to Kansas. We started out in 104 degree weather with the cats panting in the car. We stopped overnight in Arizona and woke up to 6 inches of snow (this was the last week of March, mind you) and drove through the Painted Desert and couldn't see the formations for the snow. With New Mexico came dust storms that followed us all the way through Oklahoma. Now, my honeymoon to a pagan gathering in Atlanta is legendary (includes the Ku Klux Klan, the American Indian Movement, lightning strikes, Latin conjugations, a chant of 'Lisa has to pee', having a Chevette die on a four-lane highway whilst coming back from buying the first pads for a young girl who'd started menstruating, unleashed hounds, torrential downpours, bubbas with guns (both the KKK's and the ones on our side), Georgia State troopers, and oh, the guy with the sword who kept catching fireflies to read his watch). But technically I was stationary for most of that. :)

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go? I would cruise around the world on the Queen Elizabeth II, first class.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car? I've never been on a train, although I would love to. I hate flying. I know it's safer than traveling by car, but I hate the idea of not being able to pull over if something goes wrong. So, for now, I'd have to say car.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit? If I ever get a reliable car I want to take a trip up to New England during the fall, watch the autumn colours, and do a little genealogy.

No comments: