Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Attempting to make life safer...but it's a long road ahead



Yahoo! News - Bangladesh Laws No Shield Against Acid Attacks

You know, I wouldn't even know where to get acid, except maybe a car battery. I guess this is an argument that even without guns people will commit brutal acts, but still, why is this so popular a form of attack in this culture? I've seen Indian Dalits ('Untouchables') who had also been attacked. What goes through someone's mind that they go, oh, I think I'll throw acid on someone? And in the case of some of the cases that are not pre-meditated, where does the acid come from? And no, I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just a little insulated, I guess, and I don't understand why and how this happens.

No comments: