Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Well, I am the proud renter of

a storage unit. I went with Space Center Storage over on Stone Road. I tried first over on Richmond Plaza, which is closer to my current apartment, but they showed me the 10'x10' unit and it simply wouldn't be big enough, but the 10'x15' would be, and they didn't have any climate-controlled ones available. Because the items I need to store include books, art, and furniture, it's important for the temperature and humidity to be controlled. I set it up so the monthly rental fee and insurance (required) come directly off my debit card, in case something happens and I might otherwise miss that date. I also got a heavy-duty lock from them. I almost got some boxes but decided to check out U-Haul and they have them much cheaper. I'm going to go over there in a little while and get some boxes and tape. Needless to say, those were on the list from last week, which got interrupted by appendicitis. So if I take what I had left, let's see what else there is [with a couple additions]. I'd like to complete all of this by tomorrow evening:
  1. Tour and rent a storage area for the move.
  2. Obtain or at least line up some boxes.
  3. Work on reducing/weeding books.
  4. Take out the trash and recyclables.
  5. Do some cleaning.
  6. Do some job hunting.
  7. Write up my notice for my apartment manager in preparation for the move, to be given on Sunday.
  8. Pay my COBRA bill so it's in time for August.
  9. Create a timeline/Gantt chart for the move.
  10. Finalise my list of what from each room will go to the house, and what will go into storage.
  11. Research movers, as neither my friends nor I, can handle the big stuff.
  12. Find a missing book from the library that is camouflaged among mine.
  13. Do laundry.
I did get a little rest, too, sleeping later than I planned today and taking a short nap later after coming back from the storage place. I haven't slept much this past week, we had an incredibly busy week (over 100 in clinic each day except Friday, and over 200 on the schedule for Wednesday). Next week is slower (yay!) and I'm off Friday for the delivery of the furniture over at YKWIA's. On Monday I have a phone interview from the University of Kentucky Medical Library for the nurse liaison librarian position I applied for in the spring. :) My boss is aware, and I'm going to have them call me on my lunch break.

Okay, I'd better pay my COBRA now (so there's time before the end of the month for it to credit), it was the main reason for getting onto the computer this afternoon, although I did want to blog, too. Then I'm going to go get those boxes and do some work on the apartment before running over to a friend's house to help him feed the animals and check on him since bending is not an option for him still. Have a good weekend!

No comments: