Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Not a bad two hours' work

The plants are watered, I've done the dishwasher dishes, and I've moved a table over by the door and set up a landing point for mail, along with the sorting box and an 'out' divider. I've also found a spot for the shredder that was on the table. I'd offered to shred some cheque books for a friend, so I wanted to make sure I had easy access to it. I moved the old lamp A gave me over by the computer, too, so I have light by that desk as well.

It's right after midnight. I'm listening to Of Monsters and Men's 'Slow and Steady'. I'm not really sleepy (I have had quite a bit of caffeine today), but I should close the windows and go on to bed, as I need to do some things in the morning and then take my laundry over to my friends' house and help them with Sunday chores.

By the way, I was sorry to hear that Harper Lee died the other day. I had just gotten Go Set a Watchman out of the library a couple of days before. I love To Kill a Mockingbird. It is probably my favourite book I ever had to read for school. The movie is excellent, too, of course.

Okay, I'm going to skip to my favourite song on this album, 'Your Bones', listen to it, and then shut everything up and prepare for bed. I think it got up to 70 today, and it's still warm outside, but alas, I live on the first floor and no longer have a dog, so no sleeping overnight with the windows open. I'm trying to enjoy the weather while I can; it starts raining tonight and into tomorrow, and then midweek we could have snow again and it will be colder.

Good night. Hope you're having a good weekend so far.

No comments: