Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Blah

    For dinner tonight:
  • 2 California soy turkey patties from Morningstar Farms that has been in my freezer for I don’t know how long, and have thawed and refrozen at some point when my electricity went out
  • A can of spinach from the back of the cabinet
  • A stale piece of bread with honey on it
  • Four Jello snack pack sugar-free strawberry gelatin packs from October 2013, when I had a colonoscopy
I haven’t felt okay all day. I think part of it is hormonal (my period finally came back with a vengeance, although it’s almost over now). But part of it is that I simply am eating very little, or getting creative about what I’m eating in a near-empty cupboard. About all I have is some microwave popcorn, hot chocolate, some multigrain crackers and Nuthins, some of which have been opened and are stale, some of which haven’t, a few end-of-the-jar jars of peanut butter (from stopping and taking some over to my friends’, in case you’re wondering why there are so many), oatmeal, pasta without sauce, some rice and couscous, and the makings for bread. It’s going to be a long four days to pay day. I might be able to make some pasta with a little olive oil (I think there’s an inch in my little jar) and some herbs from the cabinet tomorrow. I have steel-cut oats I could make for breakfast. But otherwise I’m mostly eating crackers and a little peanut butter.

I went over to my friends’ house and helped with the Sunday chores and watched an episode of ‘Ugly Betty’. I wasn’t going to stay too long because I wanted to get back before it started snowing in earnest, but I wound up coming home about 2:30 after fixing him up some food to heat up later and I just went to bed for three hours, until I got hungry and came out and made dinner.

I am off tomorrow and want to get certain things done, although plans are subject to change. Among other things, I want to:
  1. Work on the house.
  2. Water the plants.
  3. Put water in the fish tanks.
  4. Do my taxes.
  5. Go to the library.
I have a PT appointment, my last, tomorrow, but I am going to try to do all the other stuff on my day off. I was happy to have a day that we were off but not the library, as I can come over and do some things on the computer.

Okay, I think I’m going to go back to bed now. I’m not sick, but I’m achy and blah and just have no energy. In fact, I’m writing this a little before 6:30 and I’ll go ahead and schedule the post later when I get my phone out here and get online with the hotspot. Right now, I just want to crawl into bed.

No comments: