Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, October 09, 2015

TGIF

I'm so glad it's Friday. I already have a request with friends to sleep in tomorrow barring any urgent matters coming up. Having three positions in the hospital right now is kicking my butt (I'm subbing for an ill co-worker, so I work as a librarian, a revenue cycle data entry clerk, and now I'm scheduling.) I've been doing it for about 3-4 weeks. Next week promises to be super-busy. It's nice to demonstrate that I can be flexible and darn near indispensable, of course. But I feel like I'm constantly juggling with several balls in the air at once.

This morning I was lying in bed after my alarm went off. Even though I'd slept from 11 pm to 7 am without waking up once, I felt drained. But not sick. And I so desperately wanted to call in, take a day to just rest. The clock was ticking away (Friday I'm supposed to be there at 7:30 am). And then I realised that if I did call in and take a mental health day (which isn't something I would normally even consider), I'd have to call three different bosses, and I decided it was just easier to get up, get a shower, and hope I felt less achy and tired by the time I got there. It took less time to do that than call in. I got to work and did feel better. But I definitely plan on trying to get some rest this weekend. I think I was picking up on the rain coming in and the change of temperature, and that's why I was aching all over (I don't normally dwell on it, but I do have fibromyalgia, and that can make you feel like you've been hit by a truck when the weather changes quickly.)

Anyway, I think I'm going to take a little ibuprofen, and then I'm going to try some reading. Good night.

No comments: