Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Taking a break tonight

from the book moving and dusting. I moved a lot of books at work, ones in boxes, and I'm just a little sick of toting for the moment. I will resume tomorrow. But I'm not sick of books--I went to a book fair today and was very good, buying only one three-paperback set of books that deal with the origin of superstitions, expressions, and the like. I got a present for my grandmother as well.

After work I went over to Kroger and got some groceries, dropped a couple of things off at my friends' house, made dinner for YKWIA, and ate mine. Then I came on home. Things I need to do tonight, despite being a bit bushed:
  • Wash dishes
  • Do game notes
  • Straighten up a bit
  • Water the plants
Today I also had another book review published in The Journal of Hospital Librarianship. It is of the book Grassroots Library Advocacy: A Special Report by Lauren Comito, Aliqae Geraci, and Christian Zabriskie. Check out my résumé for details.

Lastly, I went to my ankle surgeon for my one-year followup to my surgery. He was quite pleased with how things are going, both with my ankle and with my diabetes. He checked out my ankle, which I turned the other day, and I seem to be fine. He wants to follow me yearly due to my diabetes, and suggested shoes and orthotics designed especially for diabetics. Turns out the orthotics I use are very stiff and hard, and that's bad for the diabetic foot, plus they're starting to break down, which could cause a sore on my heel. As far as I know, my insurance will not pay for orthotics, but he said sometimes they will for diabetics because its so important to prevent sores and loss of feet and legs. So, we're going to see. I'll get them regardless; I need to. We did some measuring and scanning today, and I go back in four weeks for them.

Okay, I've been listening to some Linkin Park (Living Things), but I think it's time to go do a few things. I'll try to write later.

No comments: