Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 29, 2009

I should never do that again

After work I went to Kroger's to pick up a few things for a friend and for myself. I brought two canvas totes. Normally I just get one of those little baskets when I'm going to be walking home, but no, I got a cart. The good news is that everything fit in those two totes. The bad news is they were about 25-30 lbs each and I was walking about 1/4 of a mile across three roads, inching my way a little at a time. I have tendonitis in both ankles and in my right elbow, so this made for painful and slow going, but I was determined. It took me the better part of a half an hour, but now I'm home and I'm eating some of the bounty. Next time I decide to do this, I need to bring the granny cart with me. That would have made things so much easier. Fortunately there's not much to take to my friend tomorrow on the bus. I was able to get some Thai and Indian packages of food, something a little different from my norm, plus I found a big bag of soft pretzels (my current favourite snack food. And no, I didn't get ice cream. I debated on getting some no sugar added/low-fat ice cream, but most of it looked freezer burnt so I just gave up on the idea, and decided I didn't need it anyway. The only sweet thing I got was orange juice. Go, me!

No comments: