Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Okay, obviously getting to the library to blog didn't really work out

but that's okay, because I have my connexion at home again! Yay! I thought I'd give you a 'hey, I'm alive post' before going to work. Well, I almost wasn't yesterday. Some crazy driver from Virginia passed me using a right-turn only lane at Easthills and then had the gall to wave at me as she nearly clipped me off. I so wanted to ram her backside. But hey, I can manage my anger pretty well. Okay, I admit it, though, I did honk the horn soundly and flip her off, which is certainly not conduct becoming a lady but better than my normal wussy honks or passivity.

I'm looking forward to a day off Friday for the 4th of July. I'm off at both jobs. I hope to go to the downtown festival as normal and then to the fireworks that are held right across from the hospital. The forecast is for possible storms each afternoon for the next three days, so let's hope that won't be the case when the fireworks are scheduled.

Still no sign of the stimulus cheque. I'm trying not to fret, but I really do need the money (but then again, I suppose most people do). A couple of co-workers who were also supposed to get theirs around the same time already have theirs. Oh, well, I won't really start worrying for a week or so. But I have the money earmarked for something pretty pressing. My brakes need to be checked out. They're starting to grind. I don't want to let that go; it'll be costlier in the long run and potentially unsafe, but they seem to be working alright for now, just making noise. But they're making me nervous.

So you can see, I'm a ball of anxiety over things I can't really do much about right now. The cheque's arrival (or even existence) is out of my hands. In other words, I am generally operating as per normal. :) So I'm trying to focus on what I can affect, and I'm throwing in a little prayer, too.

Well, it's 9:35. I should go on in to work; I'll be a little early. Actually I need to pick up some medicine from the pharmacy, but I don't want to risk being late. But anyway, I'm back, sorry to have dropped things for so long. I've been pretty busy and it was hard to get over to the library during their hours. (I think you've noticed, I usually blog late at night, or in the morning before work, when they're not open). Take care.

No comments: