Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Well, drat, it's not unexpected, but annoying

I got a notice from the IRS that my stimulus payment had been applied to the taxes I owe. I knew it was a possibility, but I'd hoped otherwise. So now there's no money for brakes and I'll have to talk to my mom or otherwise come up with the money in a month that it's going to be difficult to pay my normal bills. I am working more at the store than usual, but I don't think it will be enough.

I wish I could find a job that paid a decent amount and was full-time. I'm so tired of never knowing if I'll have a place to live, or food, or a way to get to work. It's kind of ironic that I make so little but can't get the stimulus because I was too poor to pay my taxes on time. Owing the taxes is my fault; I had the wrong amount of exemptions claimed for two jobs, something I need to rectify so I won't have this trouble next year.

I also got something regarding my student loans. My estimated payment for the income contingent plan is $111 a month. I'm in forbearance now but that won't last long. I don't know how I'm going to pay that in addition to my other bills. The good news is that I'll have two debts paid off this month. But then I'll turn around and have to use it to finish paying my taxes and student loans.

Thanks for putting up with my griping. I know things will get better, and I haven't really hit 'worse' yet, but I'm afraid it's coming.

No comments: