Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I am soaking my foot

in epsom salts because I had in-office minor surgery to remove an ingrown toenail at the podiatrist's today. It was supposed to be numb and wasn't completely, but I managed to get through it with a stiff upper lip. It is interesting to see just how much even a fourth toe is necessary to your balance, for getting up, etc. Going up on tip-toes is right out. But ibuprofen's taking care of the pain and it's not too bad in any case. I have to soak it in the salts two-three times a day for 15-20 minutes and then pat it dry, put on Neosporin, and wrap in a Band-Aid. I thought it would be disgusting when I took off the bandage, but there's just some blood. I didn't look too closely at the nail this time though, I admit. There's also blood where she put in the needle around the base of the toe for the local anaesthesia. I go back in about 2 1/2 weeks for follow-up.

Tomorrow's my follow-up for my elbow. I'm still having trouble, even with the brace. Lifting at work isn't helping, especially on Thursdays when I put away the truck. Maybe we'll have an extra person who can lift the crates next time.

No comments: