Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm being thwarted by rain (and my own laziness)

I took today off from the hospital so I could conserve what little gas I have until I can buy some more tomorrow morning. Hoping to get some rest, blog, and clear a space for yoga in the living room, I didn't tell anyone other than my boss about being off.

Well, I did get plenty of rest. I woke up at 11:30 am (after going to bed at 4:30 am). I did blog a little. And I did work on the living room, but between the gentle rain outside and eating lunch, I got sleepy and went back to bed for a couple of hours. I don't have to be at the store for work until 4 pm, but still, there's not a lot of time to finish clearing the living room floor and shower/get ready for work. But I'll do what I can and then maybe finish Friday (tomorrow I work both jobs, 10 am-10 pm, so that probably won't work, unless I get up early in the morning).

Still, I feel like I've recharged a little. The next week I have work or doctor's appointments on every afternoon except Sunday, which is when we play the game. This was my best chance to have some 'me' time for awhile.

No comments: