Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

There are two songs I'd like played at my funeral

One is is Kansas' 'Dust in the Wind', a classic (as opposed to classical, YKWIA):



Another is a more recent song, Rob Thomas' 'Now Comes the Night' (which is unfortunately cut off in this video a bit):



And just for the record, I want to be cremated and NOT EMBALMED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. Embalming gives me the willies and I think it's unnecessary, especially if you're planning to have your body reduced to cremains and ash anyway. I've told my family this, I've told my friends, and if it's in my power I'll haunt whomever buries me. I'm signed up as an organ donor; take what parts you need and then destroy my body and release my spirit's ties to matter so I can reincarnate in peace.

No comments: