Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, April 14, 2008

New word for the day: decolletage

I heard it on a local news story today. My gay friend was amazed that I didn't know what it was (the part of the bosom that you see in plunging necklines, in case you're wondering), since I have one. Then it shows up in this story:

JK and the bust that nearly got away

I heard of this through LISNews.org. I especially love the comments Great Western Dragon posted to accompany the link:
Okay, so it's not Friday and I'll not post this under the Friday Funnies topic. Besides, there's nothing funny about J. K. Rowling suffering a "wardrobe malfunction" at some kind of red carpet extravaganza because she wore a dress with a low neckline which was utterly incapable of containing her breasts.

It's also not funny that her agent gallantly leapt into action to protect the modesty of a woman who is far richer than the queen of her country. And it's not funny that he did so by valiantly grabbing and, um, manually containing the (ahem) offending breast.

It's not funny.

It's hilarious.

Okay, technically it was her publicist. And he says he doesn't remember touching the breast, but that perhaps the angle of the photo merely makes it look like it. But you must admit, it was gallant. (Oh, and the pictures are work safe. The wardrobe malfunction seems to have been averted.) It's totally trivial, of course, but I hope it makes your day a little brighter.

No comments: