Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Well, it's official

Listening to: 'What Ever it Takes' by Lifehouse (can't embed, sorry)
Reading: Storm Front by Jim Butcher (yes, I found it!)


I signed my lease, so I'm here for another year. I like my apartment complex. It's quiet, neat, and they're very prompt with maintenance. (Yes, it would be nice to own a home, but those unexpected expenses can get you, too.) We're the only apartment complex in the area (there are townhouses and duplexes, but mostly single-family homes) and it's convenient to most of east and central Lexington. It's mostly families and single professionals (partying students are not encouraged) and I have a police officer who lives on my floor who also serves as a courtesy officer. As a special bonus, they're throwing in a complimentary carpet shampoo, which is about $45 otherwise. My rent is going up $15 a month, but that seems pretty par for the course these days.

Well, that's all I have for now. I go to do the shipment at the store in about an hour. Hope your day is a good one.

PS I was looking up Lifehouse, and got to this (the song is by lead singer Jason Wade as is called 'From Where You Are'). It's a pretty simple yet strong auto insurance commercial from Allstate regarding parent-teen driving contracts.

No comments: