Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, December 14, 2007

So sore

They always say the best friends are the ones who are willing to hide the bodies for you.

I feel like that a bit tonight. No, I haven't gone and become accessory to murder. But I have been toting (along with someone else) an 80-lb weight, and my neck, shoulders, back, and arms are sore. I won't go into the details, as it would impinge upon someone's privacy, but I received an emergency call and had to rearrange my schedule at both jobs (well, okay, rescheduled the first and was just late by an hour to the second...but I'm going to work for the lady who stayed an hour next week so she doesn't go into overtime, so I rescheduled after the fact). Sometimes bad things happen, and that's when friendship matters most. The outcome is still very much up in the air; I hope it improves. More than that, I hope it goes back to the way things were before that call. In the meantime, I'll just keep toting as long as it takes. But ibuprofen wouldn't be a bad idea.

Okay, I'm going to bed. I need to be at work two hours' early to make up for some apointments I've had to go to this pay period. Tomorrow is the potluck, Santa, and the party with the girls from work. I suspect I will be very tired tomorrow. Wish me luck.

No comments: