Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, December 29, 2007

I think I watched someone destroy their axle tonight

About 50 yards ahead of me, a car went up onto the median bouncing and creating sparks underneath. It then went back off the median, drove for a few more yards, then came to a dead stop, looking decidedly, well, dead in the water so to speak. I didn't catch if they turned onto the median from New Circle onto Tates Creek or just ran up on it from our lane. My passenger and I thought they may have been drunk. I didn't stop to help--there was no indication of any injuries and the person was either drunk or stupid, and in either case I can't feel particularly sorry for them, and really, who knows who you might wind up coming into contact with in the middle of the night? (I've stopped for others, but this just seemed off. It's a heavily patrolled area. I guess if they were drunk, the police most likely found them, because I don't think they were going to go anywhere.)

Weird.

No comments: