Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, March 14, 2005

Thankfully

the judge, reviewing my past compliance, gave me until April 18th to pay off the cheque and come back. That means I can pay the 14th when I get paid, and sock any money before then into rent, electricity, medicines, etc. I went out of the court shaking I was so relieved. Two other women were appointed attorneys because they hadn't paid and had multiple cheques. Note: if they appoint you an attorney, you're facing jail time. I was afraid this might be the case, since this is the first time I'd gone into regular court without having paid what I needed first. Agh.

I did go ahead the other day and got both of my medicines, paying more for the paroxetine than usual because it was a partial prescription my family doctor called in since I wasn't going to see my psychiatrist until tomorrow and she had not called in anything even though I'd left her a couple of messages. Yeah, Dr N! Fortunately I have a flexible spending account so I can get the money back in a week or two.

We ended the game yesterday on a cliff-hanger, with a bunch of computer-controlled innocents with various instruments (unconventional weapons, plus a gun and a few conventional ones) coming at the three of us, three highly trained martial artists who have vows against killing innocents--one of whom if he does accidentally do so will be taken over as an Avatar of Nyarlothotep. (For those of you not familiar with Cthulhu Mythos, this is Very, Very, Very bad.) Plus, if any of us are killed, the power needed to complete a rise of Great Cthulhu (as in Armageddon Extraordinaire) will be taken. Oh, and we don't have access to the special abilities derived from our Elder Signs, since all of us have been put in the Dream Web during this adventure and made to have phobias against the Sign, a holy symbol upon our souls from which we derive most of our mystical abilities and which power our swords--the swords incidentally have also been stolen from us.

This, in gaming terms, is when the game master has you over the barrel and is quite gleeful. Here's to getting out of this scrape. We already almost lost one character to electrocution (thank goodness for CPR and mystical healing that isn't derived from the Elder Sign).

Well, I guess that's enough of an update. My head hurts terribly (sinuses, I think). I'm off today so since I got out of court earlier than I thought I'll try to enjoy it, but mostly I have to do some laundry and work on some job applications. There's a professional society of physicians here in town that need a full-time librarian. Since I'm emminentally qualified for it, wish me luck!!!

No comments: