Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, March 04, 2005

Note to self

Do not have a moment of idiocy and decide to put the earrings you first had your ears pierced with back in. I hadn't worn earrings in awhile and thought, being thicker, they'd help keep the piercings open. Hah! Instead, one became LOCKED onto my ear. The other came off with some difficulty, but this stubborn one only succumbed once I got a pair of pliers and a multi-tool with needlenose pliers, grabbed each side of the earring by one of the tools, and pulled with all my might, causing a bit of pain and a bit of blood but altogether better than when I was trying to get it off with my fingers.

Another use for a multi-tool; maybe it's just my post-surgery weakness, but I could not open the cat litter no matter how much I tried to unscrew the cap this morning. So, I used the pocket knife part of the tool to 'break in' to the plastic jug. I refuse to be thwarted by cat litter.

So how's your day? Mine is sunny, spring-like, and besides a touch of heartburn I'm feeling pretty well. I went and re-did a Rabid Librarian image (see above right). It's a little different, but my other one was hosed along with my old hard drive. I had to be creative since I don't have any webspace at the moment that can be linked to. Fortunately, there's Flickr. I've also posted some pictures and installed a little display badge to randomly pick from them over on the left sidebar. Enjoy. Well, have a great weekend. I'm going to go take a nap and then watch 'Avatar: the Last Air Bender', which is an excellent series on Nickelodean.

No comments: