Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Feeling all the springy goodness

We've had beautiful weather the last couple of days, after a period of below-normal temperatures spring is finally here. I'm excited because it looks like this year I'll have a place to devote my gardening energies. I'm also happy because I got paid today and yesterday and had enough to pay my rent and get groceries and cell phone time (although, alas, not the great deal on Easter lillies from Kroger that were normally $16.95 and were on sale for $4). That, plus my new birthday brakes, have put me in a wonderful mood (although I was terribly grouchy last night because I'd missed my meds, having left them at home. Now they're ensconced in my medicine cabinet with a sticky note above that says 'have you taken your meds today?' so that I do so before I leave the house. I put them on the sticky note that has 'what if the hokey pokey is really what it's all about?' printed on it, so I also start the day off with a laugh. That should help keep me from cussing out college kids who attempt to run me over as I walk into the grocery.) :)

Saturday is my birthday and I'm going to have the luxury of going to Joseph-Beth and use a gift certificate, much better than the fruitless browsing I usually get to do. There is nothing more frustrating for a book lover than to find the perfect book and not be able to afford it. :)

I'm thinking of taking tomorrow off from work; I haven't decided. But I have 15 days of vacation/60 days extended illness banked and I should probably use some of it. Monday I think the girls are going to celebrate my birthday with lunch at Oasis, a Mediterranean restaurant. I'm looking forward to it. All in all, this birthday, even if it is terribly close to the big 4-0 (it's my 38th), is working out pretty well, yay. There is a chance of snow flurries Saturday morning, but hopefully it'll warm up and be nice during the day.

Well, that's enough for now. Have a happy remainder of the week.

No comments: