Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Yay!!!

I got my cast off during lunch today. Turns out, they did a different incision (apparently, the doctor put his finger up my wrist, it wasn't loose enough, so he did a second incision in the actual wrist. Yes, I know that's gross. I told him so.) That explains the pain/itching beyond the original incision. I basically have an exclamation point on my left hand, and what's left of a pinkish slash on my right one.

Anyway, having the cast is one reason I haven't updated much...it was just so tedious trying to type and hitting all the wrong buttons.

Not much has been happening, with the exception of the death of my computer's power supply Kaput. Shovelled off this mortal coil. It is, indeed, an ex-power supply. I'm trying to find another. I know I don't have internet access and such, but it's terrible not being able to use my computer AT ALL. My stepbrother is having surgery on Thursday to repair some problems with his neck that have left him vulnerable to paralysis. I need to check with my mom and see where and when it'll be. I've been slowly working on house (having a bout of insomnia due to the darvocet has helped). Now that the cast if off, I'm looking forward to going to the gym, slowly working up the muscles (I can start on the right, but I have to wait on the left), and I really just want to take a long soak in the gym's hot tub and then bask in the sauna for awhile, since I didn't manage to do that before the surgery. Then, it's on to thinking about going ahead and taking care of my wisdom teeth, which need surgery. Ah.

Well, got to run. Hope you all are well.

No comments: