Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 24, 2015

'Heroes Reborn' was absolutely wonderful!

It was nice to see the intrigue is back, with all the small plots weaving together to form a larger one. I am definitely hooked! I loved 'Heroes', particularly the first part of the series, and it's nice to see some familiar faces as well as new ones. I have the series on DVD thanks to a deep sale at Half Price Books, so I should re-watch the episodes. My favourite was the one where we saw the camp where Angela Petrelli had been in when she was young. Like the 'X-Men' comics, series, and films, there are lots of references in 'Heroes' to the persecuted, and there were absolutely overt comparisons to gays, blacks, and Jews--among others--in both the original series and this one. The miniseries starts with a great festival symbolising peace between humans and 'Evos'--those with powers, with rainbow placards and people protesting with signs worthy of the Westboro Church. I am already into the characters and plots and subplots. YKWIA and our friend Tammy both watch it, too--in fact, I was watching over at YKWIA's, and Tammy called within a couple of minutes of the end to chat about the show. Anyway, I think we all three enjoyed it immensely.

No comments: