Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 02, 2015

Kind of pooped

I got over to the auto repair place around 2:30. As soon as I got off the bus it rained, but by the time I got down Industry Road, it was sunny, although lightning in the distance. I decided to go to Gumbo Ya Ya for lunch, seeing as I wanted somewhere cheap and tasty, and I just wasn't in the mood for anything heavier, like salmon and baked potato from Texas Roadhouse. I hadn't eaten since about 8:30 this morning, and was quite hungry. I had a large spinach and mushroom étouffée, two pieces of French garlic bread, a drink, and a praline, all for $11. Not too bad, hmmm?

As soon as I got home, I decided to move the geraniums at least temporarily outside (it's not supposed to get to freezing in the near future, but it's close over the weekend, so I may bring them in at night). I cleaned off the dead parts, turned the pots so the greenery would grow the other direction (they've been pressed up on the other side of the window). I added some dirt and watered them thoroughly, so hopefully they'll stay in place even with the wind.



So I've had the brakes fixed, had my birthday lunch, and started the re-potting process. I need to clean the house and do the other re-potting, go to the grocery store, fill the fish tank, etc. But for right now, I'm going to take it easy. I have already walked 9,444 steps, which is 4.58 miles. I need a break!

No comments: