Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The house taketh away, the house giveth (in good time)

So I've been missing a group of cards, namely a Kroger card tied to many gas points, my second proof of car insurance, my Subway card, a card with my checking account number on it, and the one for Gabriel Brothers. The Kroger and insurance cards, in particular, have been the object of much searching, of late. I have gone through every purse, wallet, or bag I own, all the usual cubby-holes, etc. The wallet I used last I've looked through at least three times, without luck.

So today I'm on the computer and I look down and on the floor is that wallet (which I don't remember being left there), and I notice some cards sticking out of a pocket. I pick it up, and lo, the missing cards are all there! This is very timely because I need gas in my car and tomorrow I'm going to renew my car registration and really needed that second insurance card to give them.

Thank you, house. Now I'm not saying something mystical or supernatural happened, although I've experienced enough weird things in my life I'm not saying I would disbelieve it as well, but whatever happened, I'm glad to have them back. Yay!

No comments: