Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Having some toast

with butter and blackberry spreadable fruit. I made some scrambled eggs over toast for YKWIA tonight, and it just looked great. I haven't had toast in awhile. In fact, for years I did not own a toaster, and I usually use it for bagels. But toasted bread is nice, too.

I came in pretty late last night, so I didn't blog. Wednesday morning I had an endocrinology appointment, then I went to a webcast on data management at UK in the afternoon, and took my friend to an appointment. We watched some syndicated 'Big Bang Theory' and then 'iZombie'. We are convinced that the latter will be cancelled because, well, we both like it, and that often happens to the shows we like. But it's pretty fun.

Today I had a visit from an outreach librarian with the Greater Midwest Region of the National Network of Libraries of Medicine's office in Chicago. We met for about an hour and a half, and it was very nice. She was down for a conference and when I was up in Chicago we'd made arrangements for her to stop by. After work, I ran over to the pharmacy and then over to my friends' house, where I took one to get something he needed from the store. We visited for quite a while.

Tomorrow I have to be at work by 7:30 am, then I have to iron out an issue for a friend during lunch, and then I'll get off work early for my allergy shot. 'Grimm' is on tomorrow night.

Saturday is a trip to an appointment and a grocery run. Sunday will (hopefully) be the game, assuming Brenda is feeling better. At least I already have the game notes finished.

Okay, I think I'll check the news. YKWIA was telling me about a scientist who is asserting that Mars' condition is the result of a nuclear attack and that we are the Martians' descendants. Um...oh, dear. I should probably go look for myself. If I don't blog any more tonight (and I can tell it's almost time till sleep becomes imperative), have a good night.

No comments: