Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 25, 2015

I talked with my friend a little while ago

and they've decided to have a quiet evening at home, which means the same for me, and I do have a lot to do around here that I've been avoiding, because, well, I do that. So instead of avoiding things, the first thing I did once I got going was to revisit my shoes. See, I've been having terrible pain in my feet, probably plantar fasciitis, and I'd tried changing from my diabetic orthotics to a foam insert I got at my podiatrist's with more cushion, and then today I got some gel inserts at the store. The thing is, I'm used to taking the insole out and putting orthotics in, so I put in the inserts after taking out the foam and they were very flat and uncomfortable (I have fallen arches and need arch support). So I put the cushion inserts back inside, which provide a higher arch, and trimmed the gel inserts down just a bit to the absolute edge of size 7, and put those in over top--and they feel pretty supported and cushioned. I'll leave them in for a few days and see if I can tell any difference in my foot pain.

Then I tackled the car, which wasn't very bad or anything (I'm cleaner about my car and office than I am about my apartment), but I had an empty laundry cart in the trunk along with my winter coat and various accouterments, so I emptied out the winter things and some other things to save into the laundry cart, took out a bag and got some recyclables put in there, put the tiny amount of trash in a grocery bag I had out there, and checked the spare for the first time since I've been driving the car (for over two years) to see that there is one, and a jack, and that it's inflated. I also took some wipes I had in the trunk and wiped down the steering wheel and dashboard, cleaned the inside of the windshield with Invisible Glass (I had a lot of spots from where my windshield froze last month on the inside, and when it was scraped and melted, streaked. It should be easier to see in the sun now.) For good measure, I took some lavender essential oil spray and gave the whole interior a good spray, as I had a damp dog in the car earlier today who peed (fortunately on the provided blanket I'd put on my rear seat). I put the regular air freshener, which had fallen off the air vent, back up. So all looks good.

For my efforts I was rewarded with a copy of my current car registration, which made it back to the trunk when I was cleaning last time, but (fortunately) not into the trash. I think I must have thought it was expired, but hadn't had the time to really read it at the time, so I'd just stuck it back with a few things to go through. It is now nestled in my glove box with my proof of insurance. Considering I have to renew it next week, this is great--it'll save me $6 I would have had to pay extra. I'm glad I did all that when I did, as it's now starting to get darker--I think it's going to storm soon. Now, I think it's time to tackle the apartment, starting with the dishes. I am out of spoons, so it is definitely time. I'm going to go put on some music to cover up the beat coming from upstairs somewhere and get to it. Hope you're having a good weekend!

No comments: