Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, April 04, 2015

I started out this morning feeling pretty rested and well

although I've been sitting outside in the sun (albeit in cooler weather) watching A expand a flower bed with a spade to even up the two in the front yeard on either side of the porch. Sitting in the sun made me a little sleepy, though, and it was relaxing sitting there and talking with him about various things. Once he started the cleanup process, I took the spade and transplanted a solitary crocus from the lawn to the flower bed with the other ones. It always gets mown down and then you can't find it again to move it, and they haven't had to mow yet this year, so it seemed a plan.

I came in to wash my hands, and decided to stay in for awhile. The dogs are whining because A is still out there and they like it when their daddy is inside. One of the cats is running back and forth and meowing, begging the other one to play with him. YKWIA apparently came to bed awfully late, so even though it's noon, I haven't tried to wake him. I should be working on the game notes, and I will, but for now I thought I'd come online and do a little writing.

Today I paid my rent, came over here and visited, and I've eaten breakfast and lunch and have taken my meds. I brought the birthday cake a co-worker made for me to share with A and YKWIA. A had a piece for breakfast. :) It's a yummy chocolate cake with chocolate chips in it and chocolate frosting, with those little ball-like sprinkles. It's very chocolate-y. Today's plans are going to the grocery store, watching two episodes of 'Grimm' and maybe 'iZombie', and just hanging out and spending some time together. A is going to watch the Final Four games tonight, especially Kentucky vs. Wisconsin. I'll hopefully be back home by then and working on the notes if I haven't gotten them done by then.

Okay, I think I"ll go sit in a chair and rest my eyes for a bit. I won't go to sleep, but maybe it will help me be less sleepy. I shouldn't feel tired (I wasn't the one using the spade to dig, for example), but I am for some reason. Granted, I didn't go to bed until later than normal last night, but I did sleep well. So I don't get it. (And no, I haven't had any cake yet today to mess with my blood sugar.)

No comments: