Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Wearing a shirt to the DMV

that says 'You are about to exceed the limits of my medication' which our friend Tammy got me is probably not a great idea, but I went ahead and went down there, after filling up the gas tank, using the Kroger points to get it for $2.29. There was a line at the DMV, but it moved quickly. I was behind a blind lady and her caretaker, who were very sweet. I had everything ready when I got up there, got my new registration (it looks different now, and the sticker is a weird greyish white colour that looks kind of rubbery, instead of the normally brightly-coloured ones). After that I headed to the library, got three new books, including one on a 19th-century axe murder (no, not the Lizzie Borden case), and two on diet and wellness, and then got my parking ticked validated and went on out. I decided to go to the Chinoe Kroger (it's smaller, and easier to get in and out of, and got some drinks, some ice, some hand soap, and some menstrual pads. I went ahead and put the new sticker on the licence plate. I haven't eaten lunch yet (and did resist buying food, because for some reason after the burritos this morning, I'm just not hungry yet). I'll probably eat that here about 2 pm or so, unless I get hungry sooner. Newk's may be for dinner, though. I haven't looked to see if anything's playing at the Cinemark theatres that I have free tickets to, but frankly, I've put up the windows, it's nice outside, so I may just stick around here and watch a DVD or Netflix. Hmmm, I've been wanting to re-watch Galaxy Quest, which I have on VHS but not on DVD--but it is on streaming for Netflix. That's a possibility.

No comments: