Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, February 08, 2013

Took the car

over to Mitch's Auto Repair today after work and got a fuse put in for the cigarette lighter so I can use it as a charger and a resistor put in so that the heat control works on something other than high. Kenny, the owner, also showed me that there is a power point (secondary charger) directly under the cigarette lighter that I didn't know existed. We also discussed anything he would do to the car given its age and inactivity for most of its life, as well as any maintenance at its current mileage, and it turns out I'd done everything he'd suggested. (Mainly flushing the fluids and changing the oil). Apparently transmissions are also a problem with 2001 Tauruses (that's what got my last car), so keeping things flushed every 30,000 miles or so is very good. The repair took about 30 minutes and was cheaper than I expected, so I'm happy. There is a bit of a squeak in the heater blower, but I can live with that. I'm assuming that may be a belt of some sort. One of my co-workers, when told what I was planning on having fixed, was so proud that I knew it was the fuse and resistor. I did admit I Googled it. I may not know much about cars, but I do know about searching and Google, and that helps me every day and gives me quite a skill set these days.

I got my books from Amazon today (along with the DVD set) and started the second one, Charmed to Death, while I waited for the car repair. Now I'm home for a quiet evening. I think I may take a nap and then work on the game notes some. Tomorrow I'm going to stop by T-Mobile and try to upgrade my phone and then go over to help a friend with an issue he's having. Hope you had a good week, and thank goodness it's Friday!

No comments: