Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 28, 2013

More than a little tired tonight

which is no wonder, given my caffeine-induced insomnia last night that was spent installing 34 updates to Windows and a host of other computer maintenance. Despite the lack of sleep, I got up early enough to take out the trash and recyclables and get to work on time, which is amazing as I slept through my alarm and woke up on my own about 7:15 (I need to be at work at 8:30). After work I ran some errands and then brought some food to a friend who was feeling under the weather. I visited for awhile and then did a little more with the computer, but now I'm heading to bed at least for a couple of hours, then I plan to get up and give my monthly libation to Hekate. (That was one of the errands, getting wine for the libation.) I use pinot noir. I also got some mead for me. It's one of the few things that are alcoholic I drink. Tomorrow I have a an appointment with the ophthalmologist. I only see him every six months and wasn't using my phone calendar last time, so I totally forget now that we're in the new year. I'm glad they do those reminder phone calls. Anyway, I'm going to try to go in a little early to work to make up some of my lost time. But for now, I'm gong to take it easy and try and get some rest. Good night, in case that's all the writing I do tonight. :)

No comments: