Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Oh, happy day!

I got up about 11:30, scanned what I needed to for my friend, e-mailed it to him, and then went back to working on some computer stuff. I still need to work on the old game notes from before I recorded the sessions (before about 2005) and compile and edit them so they're actually usable. The work I'm doing tonight will help give me the tools I need to really start working on that again.

In the midst of the computer work, but completely unrelated to the game notes, I finally managed to install the National Geographic Complete DVDs, which had thwarted me after I'd upgraded my computer to Windows 8. These DVDs contain all the National Geographic magazines in digital form from 1888-2008. I am also in the process of adding two years that are available for download, so I'll have them through 2010. That's all that's available so far. I love National Geographic, obviously. I am so happy to finally have access to them again. On the other hand, the downloads aren't on disc, so I'll have to try to back them up somehow. Still, it's nice to be able to peruse them.

It's now after 2 am and I'm about ready to go back to bed. I want to get up and do a few things early tomorrow morning, which might be a bit of a challenge since I'm still up at present. But once this last download is installed, I'm heading to bed. I just hope I can get to sleep; I'm not particularly sleepy given that I slept about three hours tonight and I've had quite a bit of caffeine, too. We'll see. Good night. :)

No comments: