Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Life has been pretty busy lately

I have come home the last couple of nights and have just absolutely crashed. Thursday I saw my ankle surgeon and was told that the ankle was strong (although I should continue wearing the bone stimulator because it would just make it even better). He gave me the okay to finish up with physical therapy. He was concerned with the fact that my blood sugar went up the moment I returned to work, and my regular doctor and I will try to work that out. I took a friend out to the mall to fight the good fight against a department store that has made an error they apparently do not know how to correct. I spoke with my therapist and we basically had an exit interview via phone so I didn't have to go in and I am officially 'graduated' from physical therapy. I went home, meaning to work on the notes, but didn't get started. I had a phone call and then texted some and by that time was just so tired; it had been a long day.

Friday was kind of slow at work. I got another book to review. It's due March 27th. I picked up a friend from work, went by the pharmacy and Subway for dinner, ate with them, and then went home and did work on the notes for awhile, but I got really sleepy and didn't finish them. So this morning I got up early and worked for another hour or so, finished the notes, put them in Dropbox so I can access it from my mobile devices, etc. Then I went over to my friends' house and we did a grocery run that wasn't too bad. We went to a different store because they had all these Kroger gas points and we decided to try to use them. I got 80 cents off, at $2.85 a gallon. That was something happy, given the current high prices of gas. I did my laundry over there and watched three episodes of 'The Vicar of Dibley', made one of my friends a simple lunch, and then came on home, as they were wanting to watch 'Midsomer Murders' (not that I have anything against that, and I was invited to watch, but I'd had enough video watching for the moment, and my contacts were acting up and needed to come out. Plus, I wanted to blog after not doing so for a couple of days. Besides, it's kind of their 'couple time'. :)

So now I've eaten dinner and am thinking about relaxing for awhile. I'd like to listen to some music, maybe read (I'm on page 41 of Beautiful Creatures, and then watch an episode of 'Downton Abbey' if I can. Sorry I didn't write for a bit. Next week will hopefully not be too busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What brand of bone stimulator are you using? Am curious about whether those things are effective.

Eilir said...

It's made by Biomet, I believe. It certainly seems to have helped me; I healed very well. The bone is very strong according to my doctor, and with my diabetes they were concerned about the bone healing as well as the incision. The weird thing is it works for 270 days and then cuts off, and you pitch it. That seems a little wasteful. I have looked at some studies and the data seems mixed. Mine is a continuous current one. Some are ultrasound. I hope that helps.