Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Oh, man

I came in around 9:30 tonight and laid down for 'a minute'. That was over three hours ago. I was (and am) so tired. It was a very busy day and Wednesday and Thursday are looking even busier. I started my morning not taking trash or recyclables out, or boiling eggs, but rather answering a plea from a sick friend to take his kindergartner to school. That was actually somewhat fun. I'm not used to having friends with kids. I got to be Auntie Lisa. Then I got to work a little early and it was busy there. After work was physical therapy, which I did really well at. My therapist said he would send a note to the doctor I'm seeing Thursday, and if it's okay with him I could end my sessions after Thursday, I've been doing so well. I even did calf rises (where you stand on tippy-toe several times in succession), something I couldn't do at all three weeks ago due to the broken metatarsals in my foot. So that's a plus, as physical therapy is $40 a pop, twice a week.

After therapy I went searching for a Long John Silver's/A&W combination to fulfill a request by another friend who was feeling ill. I went first to the Nicholasville Road store, which has shut down, then downtown. It is apparently the only one left; the others are just LJS. That took awhile. We ate, and then instead of doing the big grocery run, we put that off till tomorrow since it was already late and went to get just a couple of things. I did a couple of light things for them like changing a light bulb and loading the dishwasher and came on home. There is no way I could have made it through the store run. I literally came through the door, got undressed, called them to tell them I was home, and then laid down and was asleep almost before I hit the bed. Now I'm going to feed the fish and go on back to bed. Good night.

No comments: