Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Yay!

I got my book review finished and submitted. It really came together this morning (I really must come to terms with the fact that despite being a night owl for most of my life, due to the diabetes and post-lunch slump, my best work really is done in the mornings these days). I learned a lot about the subject matter, so that's a plus. And it's always nice because you get to keep the book. I got a notice the other day that another book review I had done for another journal was accepted for publication. I have four published, that makes five accepted, and another submitted. I am becoming the book review queen. Also, I agreed to be a library selector/reviewer for Doody's for the seventh year running. :) I haven't done anything really research-oriented, but I've done some writing/publishing as I can:
Broadbent, LK, 1986 Checklist of Kentucky State Publications. Frankfort, Ky.: KDLA, 1992 (under former name).
Rowan, EE. Providing Library Services in a Unique Pediatric Orthopaedic Setting: Experiences at the Shriners Hospitals for Children. Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 5(2). 2005, pp. 65-72.
Rowan, E. Library Selector. Doody’s Core Titles in the Health Sciences 2006. Doody Enterprises, Inc., 2006 through 2012. [Orthopedics]
Rowan, E. Medical Librarian, Pediatric Hospital Library. A Day in the Life. Ed. Priscilla K. Shontz and Richard A. Murray. Libraries Unlimited, 2007.
Rowan, EE. 'Caring for Patients From Different Cultures, 4th edition Geri-Ann Galanti', Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 10(2), 2010, pp. 205-206.
Rowan, EE. 'Document Delivery and Interlibrary Loan on a Shoestring by Emily Knox', Journal of Hospital Librarianship. 10(4), 2010, pp. 420-421.
Rowan, EE. 'The Accidental Health Sciences Librarian by Lisa A. Ennis and Nicole Mitchell', Journal of Hospital Librarianship, 11(2), 2011, pp. 204-205.
Rowan, E. Orthopedics. The Medical Library Association's Master Guide to Authoritative Information Resources in the Health Sciences. Ed. Laurie L. Thompson. Neal-Schuman Publishers, 2011.
Rowan, E. Orthopedic Nursing. The Medical Library Association's Master Guide to Authoritative Information Resources in the Health Sciences. Ed. Laurie L. Thompson. Neal-Schuman Publishers, 2011.
Rowan, EE. ‘Effective Blogging for Libraries by Connie Crosby’, Journal of the Medical Library Association. 99(4), 2011, pp. 321-322.


I still have some time before I go out with friends to see Beautiful Creatures out at the Fayette Mall Cinemark (for which I have a free ticket courtesy of our employee appreciation gifts). Then we're going to go to Cheddar's, which believe it or not, I haven't been to. Now, I say 'we'. Actually, they're on a post-Valentine's date and I'm the ride, so I'll probably be sitting separately at the movie and possibly the dinner. But, hey, I have my phone, tablet, and Kindle with me. (Ooh, plus my camera--maybe I can get a nice picture of them together; the last one I have is from Yule of 2001. And I have photo paper for my printer.)

It's sunny, although cold, but very pretty outside. I went out to the car after taking my shower and getting dressed to get the package of toilet paper that's been sitting in my trunk. The sky is clear and beautiful.

I have about an hour and a half before I need to go over there. Not sure what to do with my time. I should do some actual cleaning around here, but I don't want to get into it and then have to leave. I have already allotted some time to really give the apartment a good straightening up and cleaning coming up. And I don't know, I might be able to do something this evening. I don't have to do the game notes (I've already finished them, and put them where I can access them later), so that's a plus. Hopefully today will be relaxing. Tomorrow should be the game, and possibly a grocery run.

No comments: