Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 12, 2009

Well, that worked

Last night I went to bed for a little while and woke up devoid of moisture in my throat. I use a CPAP, and a humidifier isn't really necessary the majority of the year, but in the cold months it is essential, so I set mine up. It's not an integral part of the CPAP--it is separate and hooks on with a hose, as my CPAP machine is quite old (about six years, but still running strong) [the sleep doctor was quite surprised]. I feel much better than I have the last few mornings. I can't take the water basin completely apart though, so it's a little difficult to clean. Also, I have to remember to turn it off, because the heater is somewhat like a hot plate and I don't want to start a fire. Theoretically if all the water evaporated it might. But I'm pretty good about all that. Anyway, it's nice to be able to breathe clearly this morning and swallow well.

No comments: