Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 05, 2009

Backorders are not fun when you're waiting for something

I am not the most patient of people, although I would say that I've become more patient as I've gotten older. But I know the mail takes time, so as I waited for shipment on an order, it actually took 10 days of not receiving it before I began to wonder where it was. When I checked online, it said the order had been 'booked'. Today I called the company and apparently it has been processed, but they're currently out of the item and it's on backorder. They get a shipment next week and the week after, so it could be another two weeks before it is shipped.

I'm going to be patient, but considering they got a payment the first day and I'm waiting almost a month for something bought and paid for, it's a little annoying. If it were a book or clothes or something, I wouldn't mind as much, but it's actually the pepper spray, so I'd like to have it on my walks home at night. Soon, since night happens earlier now. Oh, well. I'll wait. But I'd have appreciated at least an e-mail letting me know of the hold up.

No comments: