Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Bleary-eyed

Despite going to sleep at a fairly reasonable hour (about midnight or 12:30 am), I'm pretty groggy this morning and really just want to sleep in, but I have some things to do before work--mainly game notes, so I'm up. Tomorrow I need to go somewhere at 6 am, meaning I'll have to get up at 4:30. I can't put them off any longer. I wish I would just do a little over the week instead of at the end, but it's difficult to make time when you're working 12 hours a day or, on my days off, when you're trying to get everything else done, too.

I also need to pay some bills today online and check my library books. One is due soon, and I don't think it's able to be renewed, as it constantly is on hold. I did renew a book the other day using the phone number (859) 514-RENU. That was useful, easy to do, and kind of fun. I happened to be away from a computer and didn't want to get a fine.

Then there's the aquarium. It needs some water added so the fishies do well. My group of fire platies are still going strong, despite a tendency to have high nitrates. I still want to get a couple of golden snails and maybe some catfish, but I don't know if the scaleless ones will do okay with nitrates. I guess there's one way to try.

Okay, if I'm going to do stuff, I should go do it. Have a great weekend.

No comments: